Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Yo!


Mr. Littizzette was an awesome teacher.
 He was killed in an accident.
Saturday, Nov 30, 2013.
Well, this week was full of things. I just heard the news about Lit from Katherine and Mom. My heart sank when I heard. He was such a great teacher and such a great man. It's because of him that I love biology so much and want to go into biology. He will be missed most definitely. I'm wearing my AP Bio shirt today and I'm not taking it off for a while. Yeah, true story!

This week it snowed. Yep. Didn't think I'd see snow for 18 months. It didn't stick, but it snowed for a good hour. It rained a lot, too. Like really a lot. I think I'm going to buy a thicker coat or something to layer my rain coat with. We did go knocking in the pouring rain, though! It was actually really good. We met a lot of people. It feels good to go out and talk to people. I totally forgot it was cold and rainy, too. It was just a good day.
This is Sierra and us at her baptism
A lot of this week was dedicated to getting ready for our investigators baptism and wedding. Yep. She got married and baptized on the same day. It was the bomb. She (Sierra) is absolutely wonderful. She married a less- active member who is now active. We had no clue what was ever going on at the wedding/baptism. It was sort of crazy. But we did our best and it all worked out. We just went with it most of the time.

My favorite part of the whole thing though was when she got into the font. Ah... That was amazing. Just seeing her face and how happy she was was so awesome. In those few moments I felt the spirit so strong, and I was so happy for her. I knew in that moment that this is what it's all about. Being a missionary is easy when you think about it. We just try our best and do what we are supposed to do and the Holy Ghost touches the souls of wandering people. Then they act with unwavering faith. I love being a missionary.
Sierra was so beautiful and I could feel how excited and happy she was, and yet how content and calm she was also. It was so cool.
Us and Sister McMinn. She's pretty much the bomb
I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY!!! I know this is where I am supposed to be. Sometimes it's really hard to be so far away from family and friends, but I can feel your prayers. I've got a bunch of friends here that will last a life time. I love being a missionary so much.
I've got to go, but I'll talk to ya next week! :)
Sister Missy Broadbent :)
PS Sister Titus caught the bride's flower bouquet at the wedding... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment