Thursday, October 30, 2014

Transfers... again? already?

Hey y'all! It's been a good week! It was a really long week, too. Transfers are this Wednesday and Sister Stolworthy will be leaving. :( I will get a new companion- again. I have had SO many companions it's crazy. I love them all! Some kind of change has happened to me every six weeks since the beginning of April, which isn't normal... It keeps me on my toes, though!


I'm not even sure what to tell you about this week. To be honest, I'm never really sure what you want to know... We went on exchanges. That was fun. We started teaching a guy from Jamaica. He called the elders a couple weeks ago and said he wants to get baptized. They started teaching him, but then realized he lives in our area. So, now we teach him! He is super cool and very prepared.


Brother Chester (a recent convert we have been working with who is from Guiana) is getting the priesthood next Sunday! So, that is exciting. He told us when he first met the missionaries he couldn't move his feet while they were talking to him. And he couldn't stop thinking about it when they left. He has had to exercise his faith a lot since he got baptized and every single time everything has worked out. 


There was a ward trunk-or-treat on Friday. That was fun! Also we had stake conference this week. Oh! Miracle of the week: I saw Amanda. I don't know if you remember her, but she is a lady I taught in Georgetown who got baptized. She moved to Conway while I was still in Georgetown. Conway is only a half hour from Myrtle Beach and we are in the same stake. So, I got to see her at stake conference. It was so good to see her and see that she is active. The ward over there is taking great care of her and she even found out one of her distant cousins is a member and in the same ward as her! I have missed her. I love her so much! I was really grateful it all worked out so perfectly like it did. Heavenly Father definitely had a hand in it all. 


That was pretty much my week. We started saying goodbye to people for Sister Stolworthy last night. It's always hard to say goodbye to people you love. I didn't realize how often it happens on a mission. Warning to all who serve missions: you will love the people if you work hard. And it will be hard to say goodbye to them. However, it is worth it. I'd say that love is the biggest thing I have learned about on my mission thus far. I've learned how to love better, what love really is, and the value of love. I love to love! It sounds so cheesy, but it is true. When you are constantly thinking of how to help those around you, you can't help but love them. 

 

I hope y'all have a good, safe week! 


Love, Sister Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment