Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Simplicity‏



This week... I have to remember what happened! 

Monday we had a sports night. All the missionaries in the district got together and invited a bunch of people to come play sports with us. It was a non-threatening way for members to invite their friends to come meet the missionaries. We had a really good turnout, and it was a lot of fun! It reminded me of Greenville. :)


We had a great lesson with a less active member- Dave. He is a big man. He is struggling with his son who is getting into things that aren't safe. We shared Jefferey R Holland's talk "Like a Broken Vessel" with him. We talked and encouraged him. He cried while we were there. He came to church and Book of Mormon class this week without us even reminding him. He is a good guy who is going through a hard time. Perhaps, y'all could pray for him?


We set up an appointment for another less active to go to the family history center and get help with that. She is super into genealogy. She loved it! It got her very excited to come back and work on it more. Whilst there Sister Stolworthy found out that her ancestors were imprisoned for "cohabitation." Haha! You know that picture with all the guys in stripes at the jail? One of them is her great+ grandfather. :)   



I also got attacked by a giant golden retriever named Happy. It just latched onto my leg... No need to fret! I am okay. :) It gave us a good opportunity to talk to its owner.



I feel like I am finally remembering how to be a missionary again! Still working on regaining it back and learning how to do the work better. But it's getting better!


I was reading in Alma chapter 5 this week and found these great verses- 45 and 46. This is when Alma the younger starts teaching the wicked people. In the previous chapter he says that pure testimony can break down barriers. I have learned that when people, and even ourselves, ask questions we may not know the answer to the best thing to do is to say what you do know. Answers don't have to be complex because the Gospel is simple. Pure, simple testimony will bring the spirit stronger than anything else. I know that Jesus Christ lives. I know that he knows me and the circumstances I am in. He desires for me to gain happiness. He is waiting for me to come unto him. And I know he desires the same for you and He is waiting for you. May we all open the door and let Him in. 


Have a good week! 



Love, Sister Broadbent 

Come out of your shell and let Jesus in... cut the chains that bind to the adversary. :)  I  love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment