Monday, July 21, 2014

Spam-tastic.‏

This week on P-Day we went to the Build-a-Bear Store in the mall. I got a bunny wearing a rainbow-glitter-pony shirt. It was the greatest experience of my life. They made me jump around and rub the little heart on my nose. It was so much fun.
 
I also ate spam this week. It was in a salad that somebody made for us. I thought it was ham. Nope! I was wrong! It's quite an interesting form of meat...


I realize I have been a total slacker when it comes to writing letters to people. So, I bought cute cards and stickers as an incentive. I will do my best. I don't have very many people's addresses though. So, write me and I will write you back with my cute cards/ I will just write you first if I have your address.

We had a couple really good lessons this week. One was with the Bruce family. They are a younger couple with a 5 month old baby. We have been having Lucy Watson come with us. She is a member in the ward. They clicked instantly! Sister Watson shared her conversion story and she was so excited to be there! We talked about baptism and the Bruces want to be baptized, just not right now. We will keep working with them. I learned that a lot of the time the member we bring to lessons benefits more than anyone else. A great way to strengthen a testimony is by bearing it frequently. Especially if it is to strangers.

We also taught Billy. He is great and he just wants to learn more. We found him through another person we were teaching, but had to drop. He has a lot of potential.

We have been finding quite a few members don't say their prayers or read from the scriptures very often. I highly encourage you to evaluate where you are with those two things and make a plan of action on one way you can improve this coming week. Then work on it. I know you will be able to see a difference in your life. Your faith will grow and your desire to do better will also increase.

I love all y'all! Have a good week :)

Love, Sister Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment