Monday, March 16, 2015

Good Ole' Conway, South Carolina!

Another week has gone by here in good ole' Conway, South Carolina! 

It was full of crazy excitement and frustration. 

The greatest and most exciting news of the week is that we went and saw Amanda! :) She was so surprised that I was there. It was great! She is practically all the way blind now, so she couldn't see me. I said, "I'm Sister Grover's new companion. My name is Sister Broadbent." Her mouth dropped and she said, "You've got to be kidding me. Missy? Is it really you?" She has this habit of calling me by my first name... Then we embraced! :) I love her to death! :) But it gets better. Amanda is getting ready to go to the temple, but she still needs temple prep. She spoke with Bishop Christ- pronounced like "Christ"ian- Now we will be teaching her temple prep. AHHHHHH!!!! A little over a year ago Sister Roundy and I taught her about the gospel so she could get baptized. And now I get to teach her temple prep so she can go to the temple. :D  It's such a neat experience. She has grown so much in the last year. I love her!  If everything works, out I should be able to go with her to the temple before I come home. I hope so!

We caught a little toad! :)
We found a couple new people to teach this week. They are pretty cool. Hoping they pan out! 

We have also been working on our map and area book. It will be easier to work more effectively once we get that done.

We had some crazy things happen with multiple different less-actives. We got most of them worked out, though. Thankfully. :)

Funny experience: We were walking around a real nice neighborhood at about 8:15 pm trying to find some leads and we see this random porta-potty on the corner of the street. This is not unusual in SC, but this was a really nice neighborhood, so it was funny. Then we realized we needed to go to the bathroom real bad. We looked around and nobody was outside, so we capitalized our new found resource... :) It was so random. God provides for our needs when we don't realize we even have a need. :) haha! 

Anyway.... Have a great week!

Peace and blessings.

Sister Broadbent

1 comment: