Wednesday, May 28, 2014

the life of a missionary.‏

Hey! guess what? I'm senior companion! It is somewhat confusing though because Sister Christensen has been out longer than me. We called to really figure it out and then it was me! So, I hold the keys at all times of the day. :) And I drove on the freeway to West Columbia to get to our church. First time driving on the freeway ever. EEK! We all survived.
 
We have been working on our map quite a bit this week. It was all messed up due to lack of updating by previous missionaries. To all current or potential missionaries: Oh, remember, remember to update!  It makes everybody's life easier... ;) We are also working on redefining our boundaries. Sister Christensen and I will probably be taking some of the other sisters area and they will most likely be taking some of the Elders area. It's still being determined though. We've been doing a lot of map stuff!
 
It has been a mixture of hot and stormy. For a couple days it is like living in a dish washer that is on high heat sanitize. Then a rainstorm comes through. They are so nice.
And the lightning and thunder is spectacular. Then its cooler for a couple days- and by cooler I mean in the 80s with humidity. Then it gets back to high 90s and more humidity. We pray for rain all the time... :)
 
We don't really have anyone we are really working with right now. Just working on going through our leads and formers to see who is really interested. We are working with Marsha though. She is less active and lives two houses down from us. She grew up in the church, but decided not to be apart of it once she was in her 20s. She went a little crazy and has a lot of misconceptions about the church and it's teachings. We have been focusing on the Book of Mormon. She has been reading a chapter a day and highlights the parts she has questions about. We go over and help her understand and find the answers. She is a good lady.
 
It's been cool to see the change in me. I knew practically next to nothing about the Book of Mormon before my mission. Now I can actually help other people understand it better. There is so much more for me to learn. I'm excited for the adventure ahead. :)
 
Welp, that's pretty much how it is going. At least the main things. I love ya. Have a good week. Y'all are doing great things for your country.
 
Love, Sister Broadbent.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your beautiful spirit.........LOVE your testimony.....and LOVE the fact that you are still you....(Love, Sister (Shanna) Hugie

    ReplyDelete