Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pollen drops keep falling on my head!‏

Hey y'all! Another week has gone by here in Georgetown. We are still working hard on finding people to teach. Spring is in full bloom here. Everything is starting to have a layer of yellow from all the pollen. Needless to say, I've been taking a lot of allergy pills!
Sometimes when you are a missionary on the quest to find people to teach, funny things happen. A couple of funny things that happened this week starts with knocking some doors in Pawley's Island. We went up to this one door and they had a screen door and you could see into their house. We knock on the door and this little old lady stands up to come to the door. It looked like it hurt her so bad and she was having a hard time balancing. So, I opened the door to tell her she could sit back down, and that we didn't want her to get hurt. When I opened the door a big, fluffy cat ran in the house. The old lady screamed, "Don't let that cat inside!!" Sister Roundy and I apologized, and the next thing I know I'm walking in this lady's house looking for the cat. I was walking throughout the house saying, "Here kitty kitty..." yep. Sister Roundy asked the lady what the cat's name was. The lady just stared at Sister Roundy. I finally found the cat and picked it up, holding it as far away from me as possible. I took it outside and then the lady told us to get out... yep. It was super awkward/embarrassing. We laughed really hard once we left and realized what had happened...

Another funny story- We were checking up on a lead we found one day and something made my eye get all red and itchy and swollen and watery. We had to make an emergency trip to the walgreens to get some allergy eye drops and tissues. Good thing Sister Roundy was a nurse in her past life because I could not put those eye drops in to save myself life. But they worked! And now we know I'm allergic to the air here and big, fluffy cats.

A couple really neat experiences- This week we went on exchanges. I went to Summerville with Sister Glauser. We taught an active member family the restoration. It was so great. The spirit was so strong. It was just what I needed. It feels so great to have that peaceful, calm, loving feeling just wash over you. I relearned the truthfulness of the restored gospel that night. 

Another night we felt like we should go visit the Bucci family. We shared with them a message on hope. We discovered together that hope is the abiding trust that the Lord will fulfill his promises to you. We shared Ether 12:4 and testified of the power of hope and how hope can be our driving force in life. Then Sister Bucci just burst into tears. Come to find out their daughter died in a car accident on march 23 six years ago. We went over there on the 21. She said that the hope she has to see her daughter again is her driving force. We left after a little bit and felt kinda bad. But on Sunday they came to church and she gave us the biggest hug and just said, "Thank you." Then she said we were "stalkers for Jesus." Haha! It's so true. From what everybody in the branch says this was an unusual year for them around this time. Everybody said they usually draw away. So, maybe we helped them a little. Hopefully.

I just love being a missionary. I wouldn't trade the experiences I am having for anything in the world. Have a great week, y'all! 

Love, Sister Broadbent :D

No comments:

Post a Comment