Monday, March 17, 2014

Is there anything we can do for you?‏


First time driving in a very long time.
Living the life of a junior companion!
mmhmmm. The title sums up the last week! We helped a lot of people this week! I'm pretty sure I have raked more in the last couple weeks than I have in my life! :) It was really nice and warm this last week.

Y'all made chicken purlo? mmmm! I don't know if it's as good as the stuff they make here, but if it is you sure are lucky! Not grits. those are nasty. so don't try them. They have really good shrimp here... cant really try that though... fried squash is big. everything fried is big! I can't think of anything else, but I will think about it and let you know what else is good!Oh! I tried chicken liver and gizards the other day. They are really, really gross!
Hey! Guess what? We went to a meeting in Sumter with two other zones and were able to hear from President and Sister Holm (love them!) and also Elder and Sister Zwick of the 70. That was a good day! It was just the bottom half of the mission, so not everyone was there. They did the north half another day. We talked about a lot of things. Elder Zwick did this thing where we all had to prepare a Preach My Gospel principle and some other stuff to go along- like an experience and a scripture- then had a zone leader pick three companionships to present what we prepared in front of everyone. Guess who was one of those companionships. Yep. Sister Roundy and me. 

We had to present our findings in front of three zones of missionaries (a zone has about 25ish companions), President Holm, and a general authority. It was a little nerve wracking to say the least! But we were both oddly calm. Neither of us can really remember what we said, but they told us we did good! Elder Zwick really liked it! 

One thing I have really noticed this past week is how little we realize how much we can influence the people around us--for both good and bad. People recognize what we are doing individually and they can either grow in faith or decrease in faith from our actions. Do you want people to increase or decrease their faith in Jesus Christ because of your actions? It's a good question to ask yourself if you are willing to change. 



haha! get it? Broad bent! haha!
I just love being a missionary! It is the hardest job, but I sincerely and whole-heartedly love being a missionary. I hope y'all have a good week! Love ya!
Love, Sister Broadbent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment