Monday, January 6, 2014

Transfer Time

So... not much exciting has happened this week. Other than the fact that I'm getting transferred! Yep. It was proabably one of the most stressful weeks of my life, that's for sure. But I'm leaving the Greenville 3rd ward. I don't know where I'm going yet. Transfers are this Wednesday. It will be okay. If not, I'll make it okay. :)
 
I am officially out of training. I've been out a little over three months, which is crazy. Does it feel like that long to you? It sure doesn't for me! It's nice to have somewhat of an idea of what is going on though. I'm very grateful for the few months of experience I have. It makes some aspects of missionary work easier.
 
Something I've really noticed this week is change; specifically the change I have seen in myself. It's only been three months but I have changed so much. I remember some of the things I said or did before I left and think, "I would never be caught dead saying/doing that thing now." Not that anything was bad, it's just that my perspective has changed dramatically. I've learned so much about myself and who I am. But more importantly who I want to become. All I want to do is be the best missionary I can be. All I want to do is be a faithful, diligent, and obedient servant for the Lord, Jesus Christ. That is all I want right now.
 
The change that can take place in the hearts of man is my absolute favorite part of the Gospel. I have seen in myself and in the lives of others that if we put our whole heart and soul into the Gospel we will change. We will become the person that we were destined to be. The person that our loving Heavenly Father sees us becoming. Hopefully, it's the person we want to be, too. Change takes action though. We have to step out of our comfort zone, which isn't easy. But it is so totally worth it. To be able to look back and see the growth that has taken place over the space of time, continually walking further and further from our comfort zone, is so completely worth it.
 
I know that if you choose to fully immerse yourself with the goodness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and act on that righteous desire, your heart will change. Your mind will change. Your wants and needs will change. And your soul will change. You will be one step closer to the person you were predestined to be. The person that you CAN be! I know that is true. Just do the things that you know you need to do to the fullest of your ability. And that change will happen. It's inevitable.
 
I love this Gospel. It is real, and is meant to be used. And I love being a missionary. :)
 
Love, Sister Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment