Monday, January 20, 2014

My first full week in Georgetown


Sister Roundy and I out on a missionary adventure

All the days blur together... This week was good! My first full week in Georgetown. My area includes Georgetown, Pawleys Island, and Murrels Inlet. It feels like I've been here forever! I like it, but I miss Greenville a lot. It's been hard to leave. But Georgetown is good, too! Just got to get used to it. Something cool: most of the Patriot was filmed in Georgetown. The part when they burn down the big white house? That area is in my area. It's got a no trespassing sign, but sister roundy and I want to go check it out real bad. So we might accidentally get lost down that street ;) The place is called Mansfield Plantation. I'll let you know how that goes. 

This what most of the trees look like here now,  
Mostly dead and covered in Spanish Moss.
Most of the people interested in the church live right around the block from us. They are funny people. :) Those baptists definitely keep us on our toes! ;) They are good people and I love them. I can't really remember any particulars from the week... I need to bring my journal so I have something to tell you!

A lady we are teaching is on date to be baptized on the 8th of February, so we've been working on that. She came to church yesterday, which was crazy because it was branch conference. So there was a lot of manifesting peoples' callings and  then they talked all about the temple and baptisms for the dead. So I'm sure she will have lots of questions for us tonight when we go see her. We've pretty much only taught her the restoration, but she basically has the Bible memorized. That can be difficult at times, but it has been very cool to see how the Holy Ghost really does testify of truth and brings understanding to her. 

This week I have been reading in Mosiah. I really love chapter 24. It's a really good one. I highly encourage you to read it. I don't have much time left to email otherwise I would go into more depth, but I wanted to make sure I got to send you something this week. So, my commitment to leave with you is: will you read Mosiah:24? I know that it will make you happy and lift your spirits because it sure has for me. 

This is Bella. She looks like a stuffed animal.
Welp, family and friends and any one else who reads my emails,  I hope you have a great week! I'm going to have a good one here in Georgetown! 

I love ya! Love, Sis Bro :)

No comments:

Post a Comment