Tuesday, November 12, 2013

So this week was pretty great!



Funny story... Last Monday we went and played some sports with our zone. The frisbee flew over the fence, so me and my companion went to get it. It was a long walk to the gate of the fence and I didn't want to walk around again. I saw a garbage can next to the fence.
So, I decided it would be a good idea to climb on top of the garbage can and jump over the fence. Somewhere in the middle I stood up on the garbage and lost my balance and fell into the garbage. Like I was bent in half. In the garbage. As I was slipping further in, whilst fearing the nasty, nappy garbage in the bottom, Sister Titus reached over the fence, into the garbage and pulled me out. She was like a momma bear and I was her cub and her adrenaline kicked in. It was great. Then she dropped me on the ground. So I was just laying on the ground trying to figure out what just happened. Then we all laughed for a while. Good times!

We went to Bojangles. Not a good idea. It's really not that good. It's like a mix between Arctic Circle and KFC. So ya. I don't recommend it.

We did really good with our numbers this week. We got out and saw lots of people. Some days were better than others. We went to the temple on Saturday with a couple from our ward. They are very in love... So ya. That was awkward. 

The temple was great. I really realized how much people in Utah take the temple for granted. It took us two and a half hours to get to the temple. Go as often as you can, and really realize how good you have it. 

One of the less-active families that we are teaching came to church on Sunday! I was so happy. They haven't been in so long. We've been practice teaching them. We use my new-ness to our advantage by asking less-actives if we can practice the lessons on them. Then they realize they really want to come back. It's great. So the family came. We are also teaching the daughters boyfriend who isn't a member. Our other investigator came too. She is getting married and baptized on the 30th. So, we've been planning those things. I was just so excited that they came to church! Also, we got a referal from a visiting member whose brother lives in our area. 

So, basically what I'm trying to say is that the temple brings blessings. Obedience brings blessings. I know that if we stay true to the covenants that we have made-that we have promised to keep- we will be blessed so much. In more ways than you will even realize. I know it is hard sometimes, but nothing that's worth it is ever easy. So keep at it. 

Have a great day! I've got to go. I'm so sorry I didn't get to send pics. I've gone over like a bunch of time already and I've got to email president still. So punch me in the esophagus. 

Love, Sister Broadbent

PS my companion loves Master of Disguise. We quote it frequently

No comments:

Post a Comment