Monday, September 1, 2014

Every day I'm studying.



We had a good week here in Gaston! I'll tell ya about it!

Last Monday we were able to work all of prime time (6-9) We walked around a neighborhood and talked to people outside/ knocked on some doors. I remembered how much I love talking to people!

My hipster glasses broke... :(
Tuesday- We both weren't feeling well.
Wednesday- We had a great lesson with a part member family. The wife is a member and has recently started coming back to church. They have two kids. It went well. At church yesterday the wife told us how happy she was that her husband stayed in the room and listened to us. She said he hasn't ever wanted to meet with any members of the church before. It was the best to see how excited she was. 
Thursday- We had a great lesson with Tiffany. We figured out the best way that she learns and she really opened up. She is progressing along quite nicely. However, due to miss-communication, her ride didn't pick her up for church yesterday. So, we will be doing some damage control later tonight when we see her.

Me and Sister Orr :)
Friday- We had zone conference, which was great! It was mostly focused on the fundamentals of missionary work. We also lowered our yearly mission baptism goal so that it is more realistic. It is actually a motivating goal now. That's the way goals are supposed to be. 
Saturday- We didn't go out to work at all. Sister Orr's back was really bad from sitting all day at zone conference.
Sunday- We went to church and didn't do much else due to Sister Orr's back. We did have dinner with the Carricos though! I love them. They are pretty much our adopted great aunt and uncle. 

So that is the week in a nutshell. You may ask, "Well, Sister Broadbent, what do you do when you're not out working?" That is a very good question. I have read the entire life of the prophets book on Joseph Smith. I gained A LOT more knowledge on church history and Joseph Smith's life from it. I started the one on Brigham Young today. I have read all the ensigns and new eras in our trailor. I have watched the restoration multiple times- also legacy and mountain of the lord. I have studied my patriarchal blessing and Doctirne and Covenants more fully. The best of all- I started Jesus the Christ!

What have I been doing all my life to have taken so long to start reading this book?!

I haven't read that much of it, but I have noticed an increase of the spirit in my heart. It is amazing that just choosing to learn more about the Savior and his life can increase our conviction. 

Gotta love those church signs! :)
Sister Orr's back problems are a blessing in disguise for me. Otherwise I would never have had enough time to study so much from so many different mediums. 

I am learning more and more from the people that I meet that If we truly and honestly do our best to follow Jesus Christ He will lead us to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Because it is His church here on the Earth again. He wants to bless us and He wants us to be happy. The place we can find those things is in His church. Why would we deny ourselves of true happiness?

Do what you know is right. Everything will work out. Have a great week, y'all! I love ya! :)

Love, Sister Broadbent :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment