Wednesday, September 10, 2014

This week has been... a harder week.


This week has been... a harder week. We went on a road trip up to Gaffney to get some of Sister Orr's medical records. (That's where she was before) She has an appointment with an orthopedic doctor tomorrow. Her back is getting worse. Hopefully they can figure out something that will help her get better. We haven't been able to work much.

Sister Roundy and Sister Clemons, our sister training leaders, came on emergency exchanges with us this week. Sister Roundy and I went out to see some of the people in our area while Sister Clemons stayed home with Sister Orr. It was good to get out and work. And I love Sister Roundy a lot, too, so that was even better. :)

We are teaching a part member family that is super solid. The mom is coming back to church with her two kids. We taught her husband the restoration this past week. He had a lot of questions. When we got to church, the mom told us that we had answered all the question he had. He has been writing down more questions to ask us the next time we come over. She is so excited. She never thought this would happen for her family. Please pray for her family and that her husband’s heart will continue to be softened.

We are also teaching another lady. We aren't sure about her. It’s a weird situation. Hopefully we can figure out what to do to help her. Actually we have two ladies we are teaching that are both weird situations. You run into a lot of different people as a missionary!

Sister Orr and I both got blessings last night. It was just what I needed. It answered some questions I have been having and gave me the comfort I have been searching for. It further strengthened my testimony of the power of the priesthood. Heavenly Father knows you and I individually. He wants to talk to us. Sometimes it just takes another person to be the mouthpiece. The tricky part is finding/ being open to that person!


I hope y'all have a great week! Keep us in your prayers. I love ya! :)
Peace and Blessings:)

Love, Sister Broadbent


PS -

I thought you would like to know that I have three birthday dinners lined up. So you don't need to worry about me getting fed on my birthday! We have a dinner on Friday and a lunch on Saturday and another dinner Saturday night. What can I say? They just love me ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment