Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Tender Mercies


This week was a lot like last week! Some crazy things happened/ nobody was really home.
Sister Christensen and Sister Broadbent
This week I was able to see many tender mercies from the Lord. 1 Nephi 1:20 says that "the tender mercies of the Lord are over all those whom he hath chosen, because of their faith, to make them mighty even unto the power of deliverance." I love that scripture.

So, Monday's Tender Mercy-
When we found out we have to give
a training at zone conference this week..
It's President Holm’s very last one ever.
Sad in more than one way...
A) We went shopping with Sister Speer. We love her. It's probably weird to y'all that going shopping is a Tender Mercy. Yep... Tender Mercies are individual and someone’s Tender Mercy might not be another’s Tender Mercy.
B) We helped a lady plant some flowers. I love randomly helping people. Not many let us though because they don't know us/ we are in skirts. We had talked to this lady a little beforehand and were in the area and saw she was working out in her yard. So, she let us help her! :)

Tuesday's Tender Mercy-
It rained alot all at once for like 20 minutes.
We met a lady walking to the library a while back that was busy but told us we could come back. We caught her a couple nights before, but she was busy then, too. We finally caught her randomly on Tuesday and she opened up so much. She is going through a very hard time and she doesn't know who to ask for help. We just listened to her and
One time we went "tracting" 
in a down pour. This is Sister 
Christensen after about 10 minutes...
talked with her about how no matter how hard things get Jesus Christ is always there. We said a prayer and she was crying at the end. She told us that she needed to talk to someone and God sent us to her. She told us she would never turn us away, but that she doesn't believe what we believe. You never know what might happen down the road though.

Wednesday's Tender Mercy-

There are many from Wednesday, so I will just tell you the biggest one. We didn't get in a super bad car wreck. We were driving down the highway and somebody was crossing the road very slowly and very late. I had to slam on the brakes as hard as I could. I couldn't swerve anywhere because there are ditches on either side of the road. It was like in slow motion. Then our car stopped about a foot from the other car. We would have t-boned a big SUV in our little Toyota Corolla. Here's the kicker; Sister Broadbent likes to go fast. She does not speed on her mission, but she does not go under the speed limit, except for this time.
Reunited! When we got to go on exchanges
together in our matching Piggly Wiggly shirts.
I love Sister Roundy! :)
For some reason I felt like I needed to go a little slow. I was going at least 10 miles under the limit. If I would have been going the actual speed limit we wouldn't have been able to stop in time. It's a miracle we were able to slow down as quickly as we did in the first place, Tender Mercy of the Lord if I do say so myself.

Check out my cute new outfit! 
Also I got non prescription glasses 
because they make me feel like a hipster.
Many other tender mercies happened this week, but I don't have time to tell them all to you... :(
It was a good week full of them. I love being a missionary. Be sure to look for the tender mercies from the Lord every day. They are all over the place! We just have to recognize them. Keep being cool. Have a good week!

  
We were walking towards those clouds one day
 
 
 
 
 
Because I'm lame and didn't write a 
Father’s Day card to Dad or my Grandpas.
Sister Canaan, Sister Millett and Sister Broadbent
Have a blessed week,
Love, Sister Broadbent. :)




 


No comments:

Post a Comment