Monday, June 9, 2014

Almonds... Pelion... wait, what?! Is anybody even home?‏

The title pretty much sums up my week! I will tell y'all the back stories.
Almonds- So, I may or may not be allergic to almonds and found that out on my mission. I found out when I drank some of Sister Titus's almond milk and also when I ate one of Sister Roundy's almond covered granola bar. Good times... ;) Anyway... I've been keeping it a secret because it is such a weird allergy. Of course I told Sister Christensen and the other sisters, but not the ward. So one night someone fed us ice cream with almonds in it unbeknownst to me. DUN DUN DUN!!! 


Thank goodness for Benadryl! So this week at church Sister Canaan, Millett, and Christensen all made me put my allergy on the meal calendar so people know. The life of a missionary... I love it!

Pelion- We were trying to find a bathroom. Our area is a lot of country land. Through a weird course of events we ended up in Pelion. 


Pelion is way out our area. It's not even in our ward... oops... We got out as quickly as possible.

Is anybody even home? Nobody was really home this week. We tried a bunch of people, but it didn't really work out. We had a lot of fun though.

One random/funny thing that happened this week- so we work in a lot of trailer parks. There is one in particular that the Spanish elders go to and we go to a lot, too. We were there at the same time this week and kept running into them. Hey... Rolling Meadows (name of the trailer park) hide yo' kids. Hide yo' wives. The Mormon missionaries are out tonight. Just kidding... Don't hide anybody. Bring everyone out to play... ;)


I found a cool scripture this week that I really liked. It is Alma 26: 27. So nothing is really working out for Ammon and his people. They start feeling down and get depressed and are about to turn back around. Then the Lord comforts them in telling them to go to the Lamanites and bear with patience thine afflictions and I will give unto you success. I love that scripture! Just keep pushing through y'all. It will all work out. Keep your chin up and don't give up the fight. There is peace and happiness ahead. 


I don't write southern, do I? I kinda talk with an accent on some words without even realizing it. The other day a little girl told me I have a southern accent... To tell you the truth- I pretty okay with that! :)

There is a guy that wants us to teach him how to cook on a fire because that's not really how people cook out here. I talk about Dutch oven and they say "that's what they eat in heaven," that sort of thing. It is funny. So I have to remember how to do things like that! Think we will start with Hot Dogs and Smores.


Have a good week! :)

Love, Sister Broadbent.

No comments:

Post a Comment