Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Hey y'all!

Hope ya had a good Easter.

I wore this new outfit to church on Easter Sunday!
 I love it! Love you mom and dad!
You're the best humans.

Just a heads up- when sending mail you don't need to put Sister at the beginning. There have been some problems with mail, so they are asking us to omit that part and see if that helps.  It has been a strange couple of weeks. We went to the beach. I got some new shells to add to my creepy shell collection! That was fun.

We went to the beach for lunch one day.
I love the beach!!


That night we dropped the Camerons. They are a family Sister Roundy and I had been working with for a good bit. It just wasn't working out, though. She was hoping to convert us to the Lutheran church. She has told us we are going to Hell and we aren't Christians. So, that was a bit of a blow. They are no more. I cried after as we were walking back to our car. I don't even know why. I love them so much. I just know how much happier they could be, but they won't accept it. That was tough. Good news after the Camerons: we are going to the temple on the 26th!! Sister Seaman has a convert from her first area that is getting sealed to his family so we get to go. I am super excited! We are getting a ride from Sister Roberts- a lady in the branch. She is excited as well. 

The sisters in my district.
Sister Johnson and Sister Makin are in Moncks Corner. 

We have been doing a lot of tracting. No luck yet, but we are still working hard. Lots of people think we are Jehovah's Witness. People in the South don't like Jehovah's Witness...  We went to Zaxby's and Cook out this week! Two super good restaurants they don't have out west. You'll have to come out here sometime to try them!

We were able to see a lot of people who aren't really investigating the church, but we go and visit them. They like us. We also did a lot of knocking. I might have calluses on my knuckles soon... No luck yet, bet we will keep trying. We don't have any progressing investigators. Just a lot of people who like us to come over, but aren't really interested in joining the church. We love them. They love us, too. But that is what we are working on- finding new people to teach who are actually interested. We are also working with the branch members to try and motivate them in regards to missionary work. It's been a struggle on that end... But we are still working on it.

 
This is a giant nasty moth we found on
our door when we came home one night.

We have tried something new. We like to sing hymns for the people. Active members, less active members, non members, just anyone we feel like. There hearts are softened almost instantaneously because they can feel the Holy Ghost so strongly. Then we can get somewhere with them. I know for a fact that the kind of music we allow ourselves to listen to makes a huge difference in our spiritual sensitivity. I'm not saying you have to listen to just church music. I'm just saying it's a good idea to pay attention to the way you feel when you listen to any type of music. Then take the leap of faith to not listen to the kind of music you know is wrong and dulls you spiritually. I know if you do, you will be able to feel the Holy Ghost's presence more abundantly in your life. I just want y'all to remember the covenants you have made- those sacred promises with God. Remember that fulfilling your callings is part of those covenants. I know that when we keep our covenants and remember them daily, we are given so much more help from the Holy Ghost to make it through the crazy days that come. Our covenants, if kept worthily, are an anchor when the stormy waves of life beat down upon us. Honor those covenants. Y'all could study up on what those covenants (baptism, temple covenants) really mean, and just gain a better understanding of them and the responsibilities that come with them. Use the scriptures, Preach My Gospel, words of the prophets, prayer, etc. I know if you do it will deepen your conversion and make your anchor more capable of holding its place when those waves do come. 

This is what a missionary who has
 no idea what to do because all her
 plans didn't work for the day.

We saved some puppies! They were all tied up and tangled and didn't have any water. So we tried our best to untangle them and we gave them some water. We are going to go back and check on them. They acted like nobody has ever loved them. When they realized we were just trying to help they calmed down and let us pet them and fix their chains.

That's pretty much all that has happened.  Nothing too exciting. Other than the time we walked straight into the men's restroom at Wal-Mart. We got all the way to the stalls before we even noticed. I saw the urinals and thought, "That's new. I've never seen those in a women's bathroom..." Once we finally realized we quickly ran out. Luckily no one was in there/coming in...

I love being a missionary. Even when I get to knock 50 kabillion doors in a week. Even then I still love it. I don't always like it, but I always love it. 

Have a blessed week y'all.- as a true southerner would say. :) 
Love ya!
 
 


Sister Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment