Monday, October 21, 2013

Yo!

How are ya? Fantastic I hope!
I'm doing well. Oh! I was going to tell you about my experience I had last week. So, we flew in on Monday and met with President and Sister Holm. They are wonderful, by the way. Really nice and caring. Anyway, we stayed at the mission home in Irmo for a couple days while we went to a bunch of meetings. 
A happy little car that they use as security to drive around the MTC.
Right as we took this picture a security guard drove up. woops...

On Tuesday they said we would be going out knocking for our first time. I was so scared. But I did it anyway. I've learned that a lot of what missionary work is doing things that are scary and different, but having the faith that it will work out. And it always works out. Back to the story. We were assigned temporary training companions and were kicked to a random curb. We went straight to knocking. We knocked a few houses and people were nice, but declined. Then we got to this one house. We knocked and a lady answered the door. We introduced ourselves and she let us in to talk more. We talked about the Book of Mormon and what it means to us and about Jesus Christ and how he has helped us.
She later told us that she just left her husband/boyfriend guy a couple weeks ago and didn't know what to do anymore. She told us that she never answers the door, but this time she had a feeling she should. Then she said we were angels sent from God to her.
Not even joking. It was the best thing ever. We wrote down her info so we could give it to the sisters in her area. I really hope they got back with her. When we left my companion said that I really connected with the lady, and I was sincere. That made me feel like I might actually be good at this a little. Maybe, just a little.
So that was awesome. Nothing super great has happened since then. Since we are opening a new area we don't have anyone to teach. AKA lots and lots of knocking. People are really nice for the most part, but no one wants to listen to us. There was only one guy of all the houses that was rude. He lived in Utah for a while I guess and really hated Mormons. That was great to hear...
The ward members here are amazing! They are so missionary oriented. They really love us. They had a meal calendar planned for two weeks before we even got here. Crazy, huh? They are so willing to help. And the ward mission leader has been a great blessing to us. He has really gotten the ball rolling. The elders in our ward are sort of mad at us for many reasons: we took their car, and everyone is excited we are here so they feed us a lot. Lets put it this way: The members like the missionaries, but they really love the sister missionaries. :)
I'm running out of time. :( so I'm going to work on sending pictures now. I feel like I have so much to tell you, but never enough time. Bah! Cheese and crackers!
The view from the plane. I got a window seat! yay! It was gorgeous. those are the clouds.
I'm loving it here. It's beautiful. I live in Traveler's Rest. You should check it out on Google earth sometime.
Oh! My companion is Sister Titus. She is from Kennewick, Washington. She's fabulous. Okay I really got to go.
I love you, and I miss you tons! Have a good day :)
Sister Broadbent

No comments:

Post a Comment